By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Company and meet all of the eligibility requirements in these terms. The Services are intended only for individuals who are at least 13 years old and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personally identifiable information about you when you voluntarily provide such information, through your use of our Services, or from third parties we may partner with.
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
• Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, interest in different services we may offer, and preferences such as when to receive our communications;
• Financial and transactional information, such as in connection with the financial services we provide to you—this may include social security number, assets, income, property information, other credit relationships, and other information we receive from applications or other forms you complete, or from reports we receive from credit bureaus, appraisers, employers and other relevant third parties;
• Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, such as for research or feedback purposes;
• Communications between you and us, such as via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels; and
• Online User Activity described in the next section.
Job applicants may also provide us information as part of an employment application that includes such information such as the applicant’s name, email, education and employment history, resume, and cover letter. We do not use this information for any purpose other than to evaluate the individual for employment with us. Job applicants may provide additional information for routine background checks to a third party provider of such services, under specific privacy terms and consents that will be provided at the time of collection.
2. ONLINE USER ACTIVITY, COOKIES AND INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OTHER AUTOMATED MEANS
Cookies are a commonly-used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We and our service providers may collect information about your use of our Services by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels and other similar technologies.
Cookies and similar technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our website or app. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns and improve the website, determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use the Services, the information we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
• Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
• Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as country, network type, device type and model, operating system information, browser type and screen size)
• Location information if you choose to share information about your device’s location with our website.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
• Provide our Services to you, including to establish and maintain any account you create for our Services, including to process loans and payments in connection with our financial services;
• Respond to your requests, questions and comments and provide customer support;
• To personalize the content we may display to you in our Services and communications;
• Operate, evaluate and improve our programs, our websites and other products and services we offer (including to develop new services), and to diagnose or fix technology problems;
• Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, our policies and our contractual rights;
• Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
• Where permitted by law, for marketing or promotional activities.
We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and advertising, as well as improvement of our Services.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We limit access to customer information to only those authorized individuals who need such information to perform their job functions in connection with the Services. We train our employees on how to protect customer information and maintain policies that prohibit the unauthorized disclosure or use of that information. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
5. PERMITTED DISCLOSURES
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances.
• We may share your information with third parties as necessary to facilitate your transactions (e.g., loans and payments) with us, consistent with applicable financial services laws.
• We may share your information as permitted by law, including, for example, with our affiliates and service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, and other vendors). We only provide such vendors with information so they can perform their required functions on our behalf. We may use vendors to collect information from you through our Services (e.g., website).
• We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users or the public.
• Unless prohibited by applicable law or other contractual terms governing your use of the Services, we may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your information (e.g., e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. We may instead, for example, share anonymous data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, and then we would send you an email or postal mail on their behalf.
Any disclosure we make will be in accordance with our Consumer Privacy Notice, as applicable, and as permitted by law.
6. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
• Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information and transactions by logging in to one or more portal made available to you in connection with the Services, or by contacting us as directed below.
• Marketing Mail & Emails: From time to time, where permitted by our Consumer Privacy Notice and applicable law, we may contact you via mail & email for the purpose of providing promotional offers, communications regarding your account or transactions, surveys, or other general communications. In order to improve our Services, we may be notified when you open an email from us or click on a link therein. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as messages regarding our Services to you or administrative notices.
• Text messages: In the event you are enrolled in any service we provide that includes text messages to you, you can opt-out by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
• Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly.
7. STATE-SPECIFIC NOTICES
For California residents, the California Consumer Protection Act (the “CCPA”) provides various rights to individuals and households with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected about you. Among other rights under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we: (i) disclose to you any personal information that we have about you; (ii) delete personal information that we have about you (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not “sell” your information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers), as that term is interpreted under the CCPA. If you are a California resident, you can submit such requests to us via the contact information provided below and we will complete the request within the timeframe permitted by law.
It is unlawful for us to discriminate against an individual for exercising any rights provided by the CCPA. We do not provide a financial incentive or a price or service difference to customers in exchange for the use, disclosure, or sale of their information, or to deter individuals from making such requests. We may send promotions or offers to individuals enrolled in our marketing communications.
However, please note that any personal information we collect from or about individuals in connection with our financial products or services are treated in accordance with applicable federal and state privacy laws such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) and California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”). We therefore use and share any such information consistent with our Consumer Privacy Notice, referenced above, and such information is not generally within the scope of the CCPA.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time, but we do not collect information about users’ online activities across third-party websites.
For Nevada residents, please note that we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law (Ch. 603A, Sec. 1.6). You can submit a request to us regarding the sale of such information via the contact information provided below.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES, INCLUDING CUSTOMER PORTALS
9. INTERNATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
Our Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States.
10. CONTACTING US